It Feels Like Freedom

I am writing this, watching Supernatural and eating a green salad instead of packing. (I may be the queen of multitasking but procrastination is an awful habit of mine.) I'm leaving town this weekend to road trip it up to somewhere a lot closer to the beach, it's a place that brings me pure bliss (even though it's practically still winter here) and I cannot wait to go back to my mermaid ways. I do this often, pack up and leave for a while, usually with a new mixtape or a book I'm reading in hand for the ride, just to get lost in a different environment, although the thought of change sometimes frightens me. I find comfort in the feeling of familiarity but I think it is important to get away every now and again to put things into perspective, let yourself go and be completely free.

No comments:

Post a Comment