Almost Everything I Wish I'd Said The Last Time I Saw You

Ever since I heard the song 'Light Outside' by the alternative pop group Wakey Wakey on my favourite tv show, One Tree Hill, I have been utterly obsessed with the album that is also the title of this post. So, after listening to it again for the millionth time the other night, I took to twitter and asked a few people what something they wished they had said to someone the last time they saw them was and that is what I got.

"Thank you for being a part of becoming who I am. As I look back on years passed, the thing that stands out the most is that you were a major part of me becoming me and I wanted to thank you for that. If not for you, I wouldn't be the person I am today so thank you. And I'm sorry that when I called you my best friend it jinxed our friendship. You were the truest best friend I ever had. I'm sorry for being such a a shitty one."

"I regret letting you off the hook for everything. I was so desperate for you to just love me, in whatever capacity you could, that I didn't honor my own feelings. I invalidated everything I needed, everything I felt. It was your show. It was your one-man play and I made it known how content I was to just be an audience member. But that wasn't fair. And that's not who I am. I wish I had told you that, as much as I loved you, I'm just as important as you are."

"I hope you still think of me as a warm memory like I do of you."

"I wish I could bring you with me."
Nick Hissom

"Promise me you'll never forget me because if I thought you would I'd never have left."

"I hope you never hurt someone as much as you hurt me."

"I love you."

"I wish I could forget you."

"I want to be mad at you because what you did was wrong but I can't stop loving you and I hate it. You don't deserve me but I still want you."

"I wish that I had actually talked to you and gotten to know you when I had the chance to. I took our time together for granted and I'm sorry."

As for me, I kept waiting for you to come back into my life for the longest time, but when you didn't I realised I never needed you as much as I thought I did. You had a habit of leaving and it was something I had gotten used to. So, when you weren't around I discovered I just liked the idea of who we used to be, but it will never be the way it plays in my head. We're not who we were in high school. Everything has changed and we've grown up. I just wish we hadn't grown apart in the process.

8 comments:

  1. this is really beautiful and I'm gonna go listen to the album now <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, thank you for letting me be a part of it <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful idea. I truly love the outcome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again such beautiful words. Love this post, Chand x

    ReplyDelete
  6. One Tree Hill ahhhhh I was so obsessed with that show like last year when I binge watched it. I couldn't complete season 5 though. :(

    This is such a wonderful idea, I hope to be a part of something like this for one of your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely adore everyone's words. But yours (not much of a shocker) stole the show for me.

    ReplyDelete