An Open Letter To My Best Friend

They say you can't pick your family, but you feel like a sister to me and I honestly can't imagine my life without you in it. You always push me to be the best version of myself and are partly the reason I am who I am. You believe in me more than anyone ever has, even at times when I don't believe in myself, and it's that faith which allows me to think I can do anything. And I can, with you by my side; my one person cheer squad. You call me out when I make mistakes but accept my flaws without judgement. You make me feel completely sane because you're as crazy as me. But most of all, you get me. You know who I am and remind me when I forget. You make me feel important. So, thank you for being my best friend. My confidant. My other half. You fill my heart with so much love and my life with endless laughter. And this letter is just to let you know how much you're truly appreciated (without sending a fruit basket or a tray of home made cookies).

1 comment:

  1. I'm supposed to be writing you a love letter, yet here you are beating me to it. What can I say to that? How do I explain how much you mean to me? I love this by the way, I really, really do. I genuinely squealed when I saw the title. I know I said I hate surprises but if every single one was this amazing and touching i'd love them. Remember that one quote, "God made us friends because no mother would be able to handle us as sisters" that is true in every sense. And dude, OF COURSE I believe in you. It actually makes me so mad when you doubt yourself and I feel like yanking on your hair and being like "bitch see what I see" because you are talented and beautifully minded and it excites me to think of the places you're going to go and the people you're going to reach. I'll always be here. To remind you to believe in yourself because I know how forgetful you can be about your own talents and that sucks. I'll always argue with you when you try to point out your flaws. You calling me your one person cheer squad has me picturing myself in the cutest cheer outfit *wink* totally off topic I know. Anyway I gues what I'm trying to say is, I'd rather be crazy than sane so long as I get to be crazy with you. I just wanna let you know that I did read this through for typos so if there are still some then idk man, I gues it wouldn't be me if there weren't any. You're my Hoe Biscuit, my other half, I don't know how to live life without you in it to make me laugh. I am so extremely proud of you I'm basically your third parent. I love you, you beautiful, talented awesome girl! Thank you so much for reminding me I'm appreciated, pft like you needed to. I'm never leaving you, you'll have to beat me off with a stick remember. Thanks for being in my life, love ya, Chand X No wait! I forgot to add that I still want cookies too!

    ReplyDelete